Friday, May 4, 2012

Human Rights Story


  Human Rights = Workers Rights
 This video shows the struggle for human rights throughout history overcoming “the man” or challenging “the status quo” Workers have always been “the little guys” or the oppressed. Those who are weaker have always been used by the powerful, Workers are humans so why aren’t they treated the same as every one else. People think that this issue has recently come up and well it has not. I feel like this video has a great way of understanding how humans have treated other human beings because of their race or sex. So the question is how far are we willing to go to make our selves comfortable at someone else’s expense?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shariya,

    I really enjoyed the video you included in this post. It really helped me to understand the long journey that human rights has endured up to this day. I do notice that in certain circumstances, workers are usually the minority: immigrants, the lesser educated, and those who are vulnerable. I am interested in seeing how you address some of these injustices in the workplace environment and the potential solutions you may have to these issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing some of the issues and yes I will be trying my best to point out more issues like these and possible solutions.

      Delete
  2. Hello Shariya,

    I think that this video have an extremely message which I believe many should acknowledge. It is definitely one of the major problems we face as a civilization. It's humoring how it took mankind 2000+ years to reach "equality" in the western hemisphere, this video shows that there is still much to be done. Like Michelle, I am interested in seeing you address these issues that is faced by the workers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shariya,
    I also think the video was a really good way to be introduced to this topic. I find that your blog links to my blog about gender inequality in the workplace. I'm very excited to see your views on this issue and learn more specifically about workers rights, male and female.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily,
      i hope you find the issues with workers rights interesting and hopefully you can connect to your topic with gender inequality with my post.

      Delete